There are days where we think internally, and others where we are forced to project our cares towards those around us. I know, thinking of others is hard. But sometimes, even where wine is concerned, it pays, metaphorically anyways, to buy a few bottles with another's enjoyment in mind. So this is a post for pleasing other drinkers. Specifically, a lot of drinkers.
If you do decide to give this system a try, I've found the wine to be your 'plus one':
The Viña Zorzal Graciano 2014
They've literally been making wine in the Navarra region of Spain since the Roman times. Drop that little tidbit while pouring out a glass of this juice to literally blow an inebriated stranger's mind.
A simpler explanation? The wine has light, plummy fruitiness, and not much else to distract from it. The simplicity of it is what makes it so approachable for everyday wine-drinkers you will no doubt encounter at your next friend-fest.
- The Strategy: ABA - Always Bring Alcohol.
- The Wine: The Viña Zorzal Graciano 2014
- The Price: One manhattan, in Manhattan. ($10-$15)
- The Value: This wine is about doing the math. Purchasing a bottle that's going to maximize the positive vibes you bring to a gathering. It's not particularly complex, it's simple, easy drinking, and maximizes presumption of widespread consumption. Plus, they literally put a bird on it.
- The Flavor: Graces the front of your palate with wild berry and plum notes, and rounds off the journey with a tinge of spice. A lack of bitterness or acidity makes it supremely friendly.
- The Rating: 1 - Grab a few bottles of the Zorzal for any upcoming group shenanigans.